Start a new topic
Implemented

Promotions By portion of SKU or with wildcards or regex.

We currently use Magento as our e-commerce package.We have most of our promotions setup where we determine the product eligibility for the promotion based on  if the SKU contains a certain letter combination. 

We sell education courses and all our online education courses have OL in the SKU. This would be one of our criteria for a promotion for our online courses:

This means that the row total must be 159, 75, or 80 and that the SKU for the item in the row must contain the letters 'OL'. 

We would give a 100% discount on the price for that item when this promotion's code is used. 

We have not found another e-commerce package, either in PHP or ASP.Net that offers this kind of promotion configuration.

We currently don't have that particular condition (SKU contains "") for the cart promotion, though one can be easily added into the system.

I'll add a task to the next sprint for our developers since it seems like a useful feature to include as part of the product.

Thanks for sharing!

BTW, we do have experience building a system for selling courses online for one of the largest educational book retailers in US (they used ERP to manage all there inventory and course descriptions)

Sasha, I believe this feature has now been added to VC.

Yes, it has. Thanks for the reminder.

Can you give me more info on that system you described above?

When you create a new promotion, you can select a condition called: "Product code contains"

You will then be able to enter portion of the SKU/Code that promotion will apply to.

I meant on the system you described:

'BTW, we do have experience building a system for selling courses online for one of the largest educational book retailers in US (they used ERP to manage all there inventory and course descriptions)"

We helped built a system for MPs to sell books for courses online. I can't describe details of the design here however.

Kind of funny because I believe that they also rebuilt their CMS using Ingeniux.

Login or Signup to post a comment