Start a new topic
Solved

Failing special characters in Liquid

Hi,


I am looking into translation through the language files in Liquid. Added a nb.json, and it works fine, except for special characters (æ,ø and å).

I tried to replace with &oring; but that is sent directly out as is. Understandable as most fields are not _html.

The result is described in the attached image.



:Sigve


Hi. Seems that you have saved locale JSON-file in ANSI encoding. If you resave it in UTF-8 encoding all language-specific symbols will be rendered correctly.

Indeed. This fixed it.

How I did it in Visual Studio 2015:


Be sure the file you want to convert is the active tab.

File-> Advanced Save Options...

Choose UTF-8 (Without Signature)

Save the file :)


Login or Signup to post a comment