Following client request, we will need to implement a service that will import products data from client's database (sql server) into Virto database.
I have the following assumptions:
1. Doesn't have to be real time or synchronised, could be done once a day
2. Products database contains thousands of products, several prices lists (different currencies), several languages
As far as I understand, there could three general methods solving this challenge:
1. Creating csv files from clients database and then importing these csv files: catalogs, properties, prices, etc. (could not find a way to automate this service, though)
2. Using WebAPI - each night delete the Virto products database, and re-populate it.
3. Updating directly Virto database using sql scripts or stored procedures.
Does anyone got any good advice / comment / thoughts ?
all approaches are valid.
Here are some questions:
Now more to the approaches:
@Sasha, thanks for the quick response. It sure helped.
1. The solution will be probably stored on our servers
2. All data/product data will be taken from external database (images will be probably stored on a third server or cloud based solution)
3. For now it will be only one way (client products database => Virto database)
By images, I meant does this external system contains information about the images and how they are associated with products. Also does it contain relations, that can be used for cross sell, upsell, related products and so on. Basically is it a full PIM?
In anyway, SSIS would be the fastest way to accomplish this import.