Start a new topic
Answered

Multi-Store, Multi-Catalog Management questions

I have a few questions regarding managing multi-stores in Virtocommerce.

1.  Is it possible to assign a specific role user to a single store?  I want a user to only have access to a specific store's settings/catalog/products etc.  Other than the admin, no other user can have access to the entire list of catalogs and stores.  Is there a management site for the individual store itself after the admin creates a store?

2. I'm trying to create a global catalog with products & categories from all the catalogs.  I've tried creating a virtual catalog with links to multiple catalogs but it doesn't seem to work correctly when it encounters categories with the same name.  

For example:

Catalog: Store1 -> Electronics

Catalog: Store2 -> Electronics

Virtual Catalog: Global Store -> Electronics (links to Store1 & Store2 Electronics)

This results with the category Electronics showing up twice on the frontend.  Any way to merge same name categories into one?

Thanks for your help and all the effort.  It's an amazing platform you've built.

Best Answer

Create one root category in virtual catalog called "Electronics", then add categories as links under that category, you don't need to add individual products then.

1. We are working on that functionality at the moment, be able to control access levels on more granular ways. Here is the ticket associated with it: https://github.com/VirtoCommerce/vc-community/issues/47. You are free to add additional questions, requirements in there.

2. How did you add categories in the virtual catalog? Did you create single Electronics category in the virtual catalog and then add other categories as links inside of it? Also where does it show up twice on frontend?

Thanks for praises, we appreciate all the feedback!

Thanks for the quick response.

I didn't create categories in the virtual catalog.  I just added other categories as links inside it so there's 2 links with the same category name.  If I had created a new category instead, then I would have to add links to individual products which I didn't want to do since it wouldn't refresh if new products were added to the other store's catalog.

So on the frontend for the "Global Store", when I go to the list of categories through the url "/collections", it lists the same category twice.  Maybe I can handle duplicates on the frontend but if there's another way to do this, let me know.

Answer

Create one root category in virtual catalog called "Electronics", then add categories as links under that category, you don't need to add individual products then.

Ok it works now after creating one root category and adding category links under it.  Before I had thought it would create another subcategory beneath the root if I did that.  Thanks for the help! 

Login or Signup to post a comment