Start a new topic
Answered

Unable to package modules

I am using Visual Studio 2015 and am trying to package the pre-existing modules and a new module after following the Creating new module guide. On every project this message appears:

Project file contains ToolsVersion="12.0". This toolset may be unknown or missi
ng, in which case you may be able to resolve this by installing the appropriate
 version of MSBuild, or the build may have been forced to a particular ToolsVer
sion for policy reasons. Treating the project as if it had ToolsVersion="4.0".
For more information, please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=291333.

For many other project messages like these appear:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1605,5):
 warning MSB3247: Found conflicts between different versions of the same depend
ent assembly. [D:\Source\Repos\vc-community-master\PLATFORM\Modules\Fulfillment
\Shipstation.FulfillmentModule.Web\Shipstation.FulfillmentModule.Web.csproj]

I have attached the full log if anyone needs more information. I simply opened CMD as administrator in the solution root folder and ran:

pack_modules.cmd

txt
(77.4 KB)

Best Answer

If you have only Visual Studio 2015, then please create the environment variable MSBUILD_PATH and set it's value to the full path to the MSBuild.exe installed with Visual Studio 2015.

By default it is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe

Also you can use the 64 bit version: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe

1 Comment

Answer

If you have only Visual Studio 2015, then please create the environment variable MSBUILD_PATH and set it's value to the full path to the MSBuild.exe installed with Visual Studio 2015.

By default it is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe

Also you can use the 64 bit version: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe

Login or Signup to post a comment