Start a new topic
Answered

Why modify project file?

Hi,

The creating a new module documentation says that we should modify the project file from:

<Import Project="$(VSToolsPath)\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" Condition="'$(VSToolsPath)' != '' />

To:

<Import Project="$(VSToolsPath)\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" Condition="'$(VSToolsPath)' != '' And '$(VCModulesOutputDir)' == ''" />

<Import Project="$(SolutionDir)\targets\VirtoCommerce.Module.targets" Condition="'$(VCModulesOutputDir)' != ''" />

The documentation doesn't explain why!

Because this didn't looked nice to me, I tried to find out why we really need this and why there was not a better solution. But unfortunately I couldn't find a decent information on internet. Would you please explain why this is necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Hi,

This modification allows to put module files to the directory defined in VCModulesOutputDir variable when building the solution with deploy.cmd and pack_modules.cmd.

deploy.cmd is also used by Azure when deplyment is started from GitHub with "Deploy to Azure" button.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi,

This modification allows to put module files to the directory defined in VCModulesOutputDir variable when building the solution with deploy.cmd and pack_modules.cmd.

deploy.cmd is also used by Azure when deplyment is started from GitHub with "Deploy to Azure" button.

Login or Signup to post a comment