Start a new topic
Implemented

Supporting Taxproviders

At this time i have some problems understanding what makes Virto Commerce Enterprise-like. A Must have feature like Tax has not yet been implemented in V2. Do you guys know when this feature is coming?

1 person likes this idea

What makes Virto Commerce Enterprise is the way VC is architectured. It is designed to support large catalogs with millions of products, be highly scalable (support for running in multiple servers), multi language, multi catalog, multi currency and many more features that are required for larger and unique B2B and B2C solutions.

We currently missing Tax UI for defining tax rates, tax categories and tax jurisdiction. These will be coming in the next 3 weeks. It is also possible to impelement integration with existing taxation systems like avalara as a custom order workflow activity.

Hey Sasha :) Thank you very much for your fast response ;) I really like you product, and 3 weeks estimated sounds perfect ;) I will get started new payment modules soon. 

Payment gateway are currently not that easy to integrate into frontend. That is something we working in the current sprint. But you can start on payment gateways purely from the logic and finish it when frontend integration is completely worked out.

You dont have any "Prerelease" documentation yet do you :)?

We have some documentation available here: http://docs.virtocommerce.com/display/vc2devguide/VC+2.0+Developer+Guide

and we will be adding more tutorials. For now the best way is to look at existing implementation for other gateways.

I have already seen the doc :) I know its uphill creating this stuff, but if you had anything you hadnt published yet then it had helped a lot. I'll work on the business logic part for payment gateways now, then lets see how the doc & tax will work out :)

hi sasha,  stated "....We currently missing Tax UI for defining tax rates, tax categories and tax jurisdiction. These will be coming in the next 3 weeks". 

is this still coming soon?

will have to check with tatarincev on the schedule for this, it should be migrated from 1.x version and for some reason it was pushed back

Yes we schedule this feature in this issue https://github.com/VirtoCommerce/vc-community/issues/438. Now it is difficult to give an exact date when we can do it but I hope it will be soon.

We implemented avalara tax integration.

Login or Signup to post a comment