Start a new topic
Answered

Problem deploying VirtoCommerce on Azure

Hello everybody!

I have a problem when I try to deploy VirtoCommerce on Azure. Indeed I followed every step of the tutorial but when I launch the script I have an error which explains that the "schemaVersion" doesn't fit with  'http://schemas.microsoft.com/ServiceHosting/2008/10/ServiceDefinition:SchemaVersion'... 

What does it mean? Is it a problem due to the code which is false or did I do something wrong?

Here is the full error message: 

C:\PATH\vc-community-master\src\Azure\WorkerRoles\Search\ElasticSearch\ServiceDefinition.csd
ef (2, 112): Error  CloudServices051 : The XML specification is not valid: L'attribut 'schemaVersion' n'est pas valide -
 La valeur '2014-01.2.3' n'est pas valide selon son type de données 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/ServiceHosting/2008/10
/ServiceDefinition:SchemaVersion' - Échec de la contrainte Enumeration.
CSPACK Failed
Au caractère C:\PATH\vc-community-master\src\extensions\Setup\VirtoCommerce.PowerShell\azur
e-deploy.ps1:356 : 7
+       throw "CSPACK Failed"
+       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (CSPACK Failed:String) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CSPACK Failed

Thank you in advance for your answers ;)

Romain

Best Answer

Do I have to change your scripts or maybe deploy manually? In this case, how can I make the link with my other DB? I saw that in the web.config of StoreWebApp the connection string didn't change after the deployment... So how is done the connection with the azure database?

- connection is specified inside azure, look under a configuration->settings

PS: is it possible to do something like incremental deployment? I mean not deploy everything with "azure-deploy.ps1" but just deploy files which have been changed or added?

- there is no incremental deployment, except you can choose to just deploy frontend, database, scheduler or elastic search, you can't just deploy few files to the website. You can do that when deploying as a website however.

I try your solution but there is still the same error message.

Maybe I don't understand everything very well so I have some question... After deployment, how is done the connection beetween the code and the frontend? I mean, if I want to change the source code, how can I publish on my azure website? Do I have to launch the script again or is there an other solution?

I hope tomorrow will be a better day^^

Ask me if you need other information about something

If there is no solution to this problem, is there a different way to deploy the source code? Maybe directly from VS?

What would be the steps in order to achieve that? (connection with DB etc...)

Have a good day

Romain

Everything works thanks a lot! However, I have a question, how can I deploy MY solution? I mean, if I want to modify your solution (for example add an edmx file, add some controllers or some views), how can I deploy it?

Do I have to change your scripts or maybe deploy manually? In this case, how can I make the link with my other DB? I saw that in the web.config of StoreWebApp the connection string didn't change after the deployment... So how is done the connection with the azure database?

PS: is it possible to do something like incremental deployment? I mean not deploy everything with "azure-deploy.ps1" but just deploy files which have been changed or added?

I have some news about this problem which is solved (I don't exactly know why... I have desinstall everything, then reinstall it and the problem is gone). but an other one is appeared... Have a look on the screenshot if you want more information ;)

I don't understand the error message... what is this file "setup.bin"? Should this file really exist or not? Maybe sometyhing is not configured very well and it's why I have this error message... 

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Romain

What version of Azure SDK for .NET you have? It must be 2.2

It seems you have newer and that is why cspack (tool of azure sdk) requires newer xml schema specification. 

It's OK for this problem, I solved it. Now the error comes from the "setup.bin" file... Have you an idea about this issue?

It doesn't looks like our file. Check the project "Presentation.Application", maybe 'setup.bin'

is accidently attached to the project? I checked our sources too, but there are no references to such file.

Answer

- connection is specified inside azure, look under a configuration->settings

- there is no incremental deployment, except you can choose to just deploy frontend, database, scheduler or elastic search, you can't just deploy few files to the website. You can do that when deploying as a website however.

Yeah I've seen that this file doesn't exist normally, it's why I don't understand the error... It's really frustrating...

It is probably problem with newest version of powershell for azure. Be sure you installed correct version which is shown in tutorial: version 0.6.19 download link

New version of powershell for Azure is not compatible with VS deployment scripts.

Can you try to build solution with Visual studio?

Hello,

I'm still waiting for an answer because I've not found any solution to solve my problem. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I've seen the folder "Azure" in the source code VirtoCommerce Solution. In this folder there are 3 cloud projects. I know that the deployment is done from here but I don't know exactly how it is done...

I think it could be a good alternative to your script if I could deploy my application from here. Indeed, it is possible to select the Deployment Update check box.

What do I have to write in these boxes (cf screenshot attached)?

Thank you in advance.

Login or Signup to post a comment