Start a new topic
Answered

Skinning - theming VirtoCommerco stores

What's the general advice on skinning and theming VirtoCommerce web frontends?

By skinning I mean modify the site design/layout and by theming I mean modifying the CSS.

With out project we will probably do heavy amounts of both.

Should we just start hacking away, changing .cshtml and .css files or is there a specific pattern to follow?

Thanks

Best Answer

It really depends. Sometimes if design is very different it is better to create a completely new site and simply use existing demo as a reference when creating a new design. Many customers went this way.

In another scenario, simply start customizing existing css and views. Nothing wrong with it. I would put our sample to your preferred source control and then create a branch that you will customize. That way you can compare and see what we changed in new release and if it is something you'd like to integrate.

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

Answer

It really depends. Sometimes if design is very different it is better to create a completely new site and simply use existing demo as a reference when creating a new design. Many customers went this way.

In another scenario, simply start customizing existing css and views. Nothing wrong with it. I would put our sample to your preferred source control and then create a branch that you will customize. That way you can compare and see what we changed in new release and if it is something you'd like to integrate.

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

anyone?

Login or Signup to post a comment