Start a new topic
Answered

Please tell me how to resolve the import error

Hello,

I am creating a new shop while viewing the document "New store getting started".

At the "3. Run import jobs Step", the following error occurs, category import processing is not possible.

■ Error Message
File'1_Categories. Csv 'Imported with errors
Row: 0, Property: * Parent category code, Error: The value for required property not provided

From the new version, the format of the import file or would have changed?

Best Answer

I worked around this error by manually creating the root level categories, instead of using the CSV to add them. As it is, the import currently fails because it expects "Parent category code" even for root level categories, which actually have no value for this property.

After manually creating the root categories, I modified the CSV to remove them from there.

Additionally, I created a "Products" property set which targets "Product" and with all properties selected.

Thanks for posting your solution, we'll make sure to investigate the issues you described.

Answer

I worked around this error by manually creating the root level categories, instead of using the CSV to add them. As it is, the import currently fails because it expects "Parent category code" even for root level categories, which actually have no value for this property.

After manually creating the root categories, I modified the CSV to remove them from there.

Additionally, I created a "Products" property set which targets "Product" and with all properties selected.

Login or Signup to post a comment