Start a new topic
Answered

Is Virto Commerce Free Forever?

Hello,

In the future, is there any chance that you will change the license so that some software features must be paid for?

Some companies like Sitefinity use the open source community to help build their product. Once they feel they can sell the product to Enterprise Level Companies they turn around and exclude the community that helped build the software by charging thousands of pounds for licenses.

I do not want to spend time 'helping to develop' and 'deploying into production' a product that I and my customers will not be able to afford in a years time.

Regards,

Mark.

Best Answer

Hi Mark,

we do not foresee us changing the current licensing. We already sell Virto Commerce to enterprise customers but community is really important to us as this is what drives the adoption and innovation. That is why we don't have different versions for enterprise vs community. Also having such different sources will greatly complicate development.

Our goal is to provide base framework for developing e-commerce solutions, however others then can build custom solutions or modules to extend the functionality. Those companies are free to distribute those modules as they wish (paid or free). 

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

Answer

Hi Mark,

we do not foresee us changing the current licensing. We already sell Virto Commerce to enterprise customers but community is really important to us as this is what drives the adoption and innovation. That is why we don't have different versions for enterprise vs community. Also having such different sources will greatly complicate development.

Our goal is to provide base framework for developing e-commerce solutions, however others then can build custom solutions or modules to extend the functionality. Those companies are free to distribute those modules as they wish (paid or free). 

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

Hey I would like to add new pages for my store which I was already created . And after creating pages how would I test created page with already created store

Regards,

Jaswanth

Login or Signup to post a comment