Start a new topic
Answered

New/Empty Shop

Hello,

I tried to create a new shop without sample data using the Virto Commerce Project Manager. So far it runs through all steps. I was expecting an empty shop using the "Browse" function within the VC Project manager. But it runs into an exception:

The resource cannot be found.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

Any suggestions? What are the minimal requirements to create a new shop site?

The VC Commerce Manager Order Management shows "1 NEED ATTENTION", "10 PROCESSED TODAY" without data.

Best Answer
Hello,

That happens because there are no stores found in database. Check StoreHttpModule:

protected virtual void OnBeginRequest(HttpContext context)
{
var store = GetStore(context);

if (store == null)
{
throw new HttpException(404, "Store Not Found");
}

The only thing is that customErrors are turn off in your web.config. Try to turn it on and it should show Store not found error page.

Answer
Hello,

That happens because there are no stores found in database. Check StoreHttpModule:

protected virtual void OnBeginRequest(HttpContext context)
{
var store = GetStore(context);

if (store == null)
{
throw new HttpException(404, "Store Not Found");
}

The only thing is that customErrors are turn off in your web.config. Try to turn it on and it should show Store not found error page.

Of course, I´ve at least one Catalog without Items and one Store.

I have turned on the CustomErrors und it is redirecting to "Oops"

Oops!

We are updating this site

We're sorry, we are updating our application. Please refresh the page in a few minutes.

Go to Home Page

I am not sure what is causing this behaviour. I´ve set "Thrown" for the Common Language Runtime Exceptions on, but it doesn´t run into the debug code.

It seems it depends on existing cookie. The application was looking for "SampleStore". I found the "DefaultStore" entry in the web.config which also points to "SampleStore". I changed it to the new store name but it doesn´t work because it was looking for the StoreId instead.

Login or Signup to post a comment